After one long term of non-stop deadlines and blogging for journ we finally got a break to do something entertaining and fun. I pondered and considered the one thing that would make me feel free and happy, and then it hit me, when I was younger I used to love swinging on the rope that hung from the huge oak tree at the Vaal River. I remembered the swing at Grey Dam and I knew it was my calling. I got into the car at 4:30pm on Tuesday and drove to Grey Dam feeling excited to swing again for the first time in ages. As I grabbed the rope to swing a feeling of exhilaration and fear ran through me. “There is nothing to it” I thought to myself, so I pushed off and the next thing I knew I was flying over the dam with the wind blowing through my hair and it was magic. As I started coming back to earth I realised that the tree was much closer than I anticipated and BANG I hit into it and that was the end of my swinging, but the seconds of feeling free were worth the fall.
Tweet:
Latest: #rublogs i relived a memory, the feeling of freedom and excitement running through my body, but im not a tree hugger!l
Tamaryn Olsson

0 comments:

Who Are We ??


A mixture of the funky and vibrant talent that S.A. students have to offer.

Pap n' Vleis is the fusion of a dynamic culture, opinionated professionalism and outright craziness.

Prepare to have your boundaries shattered !!

Search This Blog

Followers